Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wow! It's been awhile!

So much has happened since I last posted... I had a baby, I finally got around to making the house more a home, and my husband left for the sunny Middle East... And finally, I can relax!

Gigantor showed up on January 14th weighing in at 8lbs even and 19 1/2 in long... After some crazy complications on my end, I was finally released from the hospital four and a half days after I got there. Then came the ever crazy barrage of parents coming in to visit the new baby. And it goes on and on and on...

But finally, I can let my hair down.... It won't go very far because I chopped it all off after having Gigantor, but it's down none the less.

OK, let's get real. I can't let my hair down. I still have 2 kids who are constantly up my ass. Today for instance, is grocery day. As I type this, I'm supposed to be cleaning out my fridge and getting rid of stuff for the serious amount of food coming in. And I mean serious. When it's just me here with the kids, I stock up like I'm preparing for a natural disaster. I like to only have to go to the store like every three weeks or so, barring the occasional milk run. Or cheese run. That's pretty important too.

After the grocery shopping of epic proportions, its home again for me, where I'll prepare all my food for the week and put all my meals and snacks away so I can just grab and go. Which is important because I'll be spending my nights this week making superhero capes and masks and making everything to turn my freshly decorated house into a superheros wet dream... Which is probably inappropriate because it's a birthday party for a four year old, but whatever. I'm an inappropriate kind of person. I'm OK with it.

I'll post pictures of everything when I sit down at the computer later because, let's face it, I'm not here for anything other than procrastinating on the things I SHOULD be doing... Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment